Sunday, June 2, 2013

Home is where the heart is


Norwegian painting named "soria Moria castle"
 "Soria Moria castle" painted by Theodor Kittelsen

I'm sitting here at 1:30 am on a monday morning/night(?), and I really feet in the mood to write something, however I just can't come up with anything interesting. So instead, I'm just gonna post a short uninteresting update on my current life situation in order to fulfill my craving to write.

So last year around august, I travelled to the U.S to attend an international high school in New York. I wasn't sure what to expect, but all in all it's been quite a cool experience. I'm attending an IB school, so the work is definitely much harder than what I'm used to back home in Norway. I had a really good start, straight A's, but then I pretty much threw in the towel around spring break, and I don't believe I will be able to finish the year with passing grades. I've skipped way too many classes after spring break. These last couple of weeks have been rough, I've had ridiculous home sickness, and I've felt extremely loneley.
I struggle a bit socially, and haven't really been able to reach out to many people around school, thus I spend most my time in solitude. This really wears on you in the long run, and I think it's the main reason behind my changing mood these days. My head just refuses to focus on the tasks at hand, and I make stupid decisions.

To be honest, theres only one thing on my head these days, and that is home. I really miss my friends. I just.. I really fucking miss you guys!
Although it's only been a few months since i went home for christmas, it felt so short and before I knew it, I was back to the everyday stress of school. Well, now its only about two weeks until I go home (June, 18th), and it's literally the only thing I can think about. The biggest event of the year is waiting for me, summer vacation, and I'm making all kinds of imaginary plans in my head. Mainly I seek to spend more time outside, and be more social. My freinds largely seems to agree, which makes me positive that we'll be able to stick to our plans. We're gradually losing interest in spending all our time in front of the computer, and instead spend more time together, doing something for the environment and evolving as individuals. Which I find thrilling. Secondly, I'm looking for a part time job, in order to make som extra cash to support the fun and save for our big hike a few years down the path.  In addition, my buddy has gotten his drivers license, and we've got both cars and boats ready at our disposal, so I am positive this will be an amazing summer!
How about you? I'd love to hear what you've got planned for the summer!

1 comment: